Bass G#/Ab Whistles
- bass G#/Ab whistle - 245 GBP
- made out of light-weight 28mm bore aluminium tubing with elbow bend head.
- bass Bb/A/G#/G combo set - 410 GBP
- One head with four bodies for bass Bb, A, G# and G, using 28mm bore tubing with elbow bend head.
- bass G and G# combo set - 300 GBP
- One head with two bodies for bass G and G#/Ab, using 28mm bore tubing with elbow bend head.
Listen to bass G# sample
This whistle requires large hands for the extra finger stretch, even with piper's grip. Distance between R2 and R3 (hole 5 and 6) is ca 62mm. Hole sizes are a little reduced for an easier reach and covering, hole 5 (R2) is 11.5mm. Both L3 and R3 (hole 3 and 6) are offset by a small amount, to get better covering, even with using piper's grip. Overall length ca. 785mm, mouth to hole 6 distance is about 660mm, requiring a good stretch on the arms. Not for short armed people! The bend tuning barrel design reduces the overall arm stretch considerably, compared to a straight design.